Monday, January 6, 2014

6Jan14

Up at 0430.  As I arrived at the pool and was about to get out of my car, a thought came to me.  I even spoke out loud.  "Am I really doing this?  Am I really starting this AM routine again"?
Yes, yes  I am!
I still am forcing myself to not go nuts on the distance or effort right now.  2 weeks of just stroke work and 80% effort for top effort on sets.  I want to do 5k-6k yards per workout with tons of intense intervals but I'm pretty sure my muscles aren't ready for that and I run too high a risk of getting a stupid injury.  Just swim to swim, work on technique, and in 2 weeks I'll start cranking it up.  You don't wear full pads and take full speed tackles the first day of football season so I'm not going to go all out when I'm at the beginning of my swim season either.

3 x (100 swim, 50 K, 100 pull)
4 x 75 pull  buoy at knees
4 x 75 DPS
8 x 100 on the 1:45 - I actually had to put some effort into a few of these to make 1:30
100 easy
100 kick
2 x 100 pull breathing 3-5-3
750 with snorkel
200 CD

I got out feeling like I had done a workout but not completely physically wasted.  I'm focusing a LOT of my workout on stroke work and feeling good mentally when I'm done more than being physically tired.  There will be PLENTY of kick my butt workouts coming up.  For now I'm happy working on stroke and feeling proud of myself when I'm done.  I also need to get myself back into the routine of waking up at 0430 each day!  As my friend Sue has told me a few times the past week, the first 2 weeks back are the hardest.  Yeah, no S**T!

3500 SCY


No comments:

Post a Comment