Thursday, February 23, 2012

23Feb12

Was short on time today so when I got to the GSL, I had to get my swim over with quickly.  I chatted with Gords a bit while waiting for Josh to arrive.  I wanted them to be the 2 people signing my Catalina legal papers as my witnesses.  They were both happy to do so.  Not sure if they realized it, but they both said Congratulations to me as they were signing it.  Thanks guys.  Makes me feel special.
I got down and wasted little time getting in.  Water temp read 44 so it was 1 degree cooler than last week.  I knew I wouldn't be able to make 700 yards like last week so I just got in and got acclimated as fast as I could.  Once I got comfortable, I swam to the marina entrance.

 Waited a few seconds for Gords to come up and we got a pic together. 
One of us looks happy.  The other one looks like a complete idiot.  Can you guess who is who?

I couldn't head out no matter how much I wanted to.  I had to get home.  Just swam back to the boat ramp and got dressed.
I REALLY wanted a lot more distance today....maybe next week.
350 today in 44 degree water.

No comments:

Post a Comment