Wednesday, February 15, 2012

15Feb12

Valentine's Day had me getting home after my hot date with my wife around 2330 last night with 2 fussy kids in hands.  There was no way in hell I was going to get up in 4 hours to go swimming.  I pushed it till this afternoon instead.  I did some pretty good core workouts in my office and had a pretty active day too so when I finally got home, I was ready to stay there.  1800 rolls around and I realize I need to get to the gym.  I decided to procrastinate a bit more by calling Jen Schumacher to pick her brain about channel swimming.  I got TONS of great information from her.  After 45 minutes of chatting I had to hit the pool.  I was tired, had forgotten my asthma meds today and was a bit unmotivated.  Tough crap for me!
Today's workout was pretty tough.  I had all interval work with specific times to hit.  I would hit under the times needed but most times it left me little to no rest before I had to get the next set started.  I was really hurting on some of the sets. 
Good workout though but my lungs were tight and my energy level was low to start with.  The workout was a good one and I want another crack at it when I can do it in the morning with my lungs ready too.

4400

No comments:

Post a Comment