Sunday, January 8, 2012

8Jan12

Talked with Suzie Dods yesterday.  She's my buddy from San Francisco that paddled for me last year during my Alcatraz swim.  She told me the best time to get my 8 hour swim in the Bay at 58 degrees will be early July.  I talked with Patricia and she said that will be fine.  Now I'm booking my calendar for 7Jul12 for that swim.  I'm already a bit excited. 
Now I have to work on the logistics.  Not 100% yet if I'm going solo or with family.  Probably with family which means we may have to stop somewhere overnight.  Then if others in her family are coming.  What we will do in S.F. etc etc.  Logistics Logistics!
The plan is laid though so the making a commitment to it step is over and that can be the hardest sometimes.
I'll be averaging one big swim per month at this rate.  I just need to find something to do for September  lol.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have anything definite planned for September either, although I do have some ideas...I'm thinking about swimming down part of the Snake River or Green River. I'd also like to get down to Lake Powell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take that back...I DO have something big planned for September (Bear Lake).

    ReplyDelete