Wednesday, July 9, 2014

9Jul14

I got up early today and was at JN by 0500.  I actually had to sit in my car and wait for a little bit of light.  It was cloudy at the lake so I couldn't rely on the moon or any ambient light to show me the cigarette buoys. 
I did 4 laps today which is around 6 miles.  I think one of the end buoys is moving farther away.  I did a stroke count and don't remember it being that high a # for that distance.  I did around 6 miles and kept my feeds short.  It still took 3 and 1/2 hours total.  This discouraged me a bit.  I am going to re-measure the distance and do some timing splits.  I really don't want to be swimming anything slower than a 30 min mile including feeds.  That would just be sad!
Good new is that I've not only passed 250 miles for the year this week but as of today, I'm back on pace to meet my goal of 500 miles by the end of the year!  Awww Yiss!

6 miles OW....but hoping it was more!

No comments:

Post a Comment