Thursday, July 17, 2014

17Jul14

2 days of what I will call traveling HELL are over.  We are in the Outer Banks for our yearly week long vacation.  I have not been able to swim the past 2 days.  I was restless yesterday since our flight got bumped back 24 hours.
Slept in while Patricia went for a run.  When she got back I was able to hit the beach.  Atlantic Ocean was calm and inviting.  I could tell she missed me.  I missed her too.
I measured out a landmark yesterday that is .5 miles away.  Did 3 laps to get 3 miles.  After each lap, I swam in close enough to shore to stand up and get a drink.  Then I would swim past the break and parallel to shore.  I could feel the 2 days of travel.  My body was tired but my mind was HAPPY.  Probably was swimming slow as tar but did not care today.

3 miles OW...happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment