Thursday, July 24, 2014

24Jul14

Great swim today.  Got out to the ocean and it was cloudy.  It was as calm as I've seen the ocean this entire trip.  Glad to be able to swim.  The first mile was nice and easy.  The second mile it clouded over with dark clouds and I thought that I might have to finish my swim after 2 miles.  When I stopped to get a drink, I noticed that the clouds were moving and behind the clouds was clear and beautiful.  No thunder or even rain so one more I go!
As soon as I started my 3rd mile, the sun broke through and the Beatles' song "Here Comes the Sun" came to mind.  I was about 1/4 way into my last lap and a small shark followed me a bit.  He was a little guy (barely 2 feet long) but I could tell it was a shark.  I just remembered swimming with Grace Van Der Beil and the shark that was under us bigger than me and I was able to remain calm.
I continued to pick up my pace until the 1/2 mile turnaround point.  I simulated taking a feed then headed back.  The last 1/2 mile I really cranked it.  I felt strong and full of energy.  My pulls were solid and I know I was cruising at a high speed.  Finished feeling GREAT!  I really wish I could have gone for a LOT more.  I had to get out to meet a friend for lunch.
Great 3 mile swim today.  I'm at 15.2 miles this week so far.  This 15 has come quick and I barely feel like I've swam at all this week.  Travel day tomorrow then I'll probably swim Sat to make my 20.
I will miss the ocean.  It has been great swimming in it and I'm already looking forward to the next time I can be in an ocean.
3 miles OW

No comments:

Post a Comment