Friday, February 21, 2014

21Feb14

I planned on doing a shorter swim this morning then another swim tonight that would be much longer.  Double swim and then I could have weekend off.
2 problems came up:
1) I had a horrible night of sleep.  I had one of those nights where I woke up every 15 minutes convinced I had overslept my alarm.
2) I'm getting sick.  I woke up with my throat starting to get sore and my nose congested.  I'm hoping it does not fully develop but something is definitely in me that is not right.
I decided to make my swim a tiny bit longer on the chance that I am not up to swimming tonight.  If I still feel tonight like I do now, I'll bag the swim with zero guilt.
Since I had such a bad sleep, I scrapped my planned swim and did easy ladders.
Did ladders by 50 up to 400 repeat 400 then back down by 50's.  Really fond of this workout.
Once I was done, that put me at 3600.  Knowing me, I can't stop on such an ugly number.
8 x 50 on the minute.

4000 SCM

One cool thing is that I'm now a tiny bit above my pace for the USMS FLOG site.  I'm at 72 miles and 8th in the nation for my age group for accumulated miles.  I'm at the point now where I look forward to my morning swims and getting out of bed is not a chore anymore.  Really proud of myself for keeping with it.  Now that I'm in the "habit" of swimming pretty much daily, I'm going to start slowly increasing my yards per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment