Monday, March 26, 2012

26Mar12

I had a "come to Jesus" talk with my lungs Sunday and I pretty much decided that it's time to start training hard again so they might as well get on board!  The talk worked.
Got to the pool at 0430 and was eager to get in.  I wanted to see if I could get 5000 today since I might have to start making all my morning workouts that distance pretty soon.
Did a long warmup and was feeling really good.  Did several sets of 100's on specific times.  One pull set I was going so strong, I actually cut my rest time down to make my intervals faster.
The 2 weeks of rest/recovery did catch up to me eventually.  Around 4000 my shoulders started to give out.  I was still swimming okay but I could definitely feel that I had not done a real workout in awhile.
My times slowed down and I was nowhere near as strong as I was earlier.  I kept chugging along anyway.  I got to 5000 which made me really happy.
Lungs are 100% and it's a good thing too because next week I add another day of swimming to my schedule.

5000 today

1 comment: