Thursday, March 22, 2012

21Mar12

Missed the morning swim so I had to go after work.  I was planning on doing 40 x 100 on the 1:45.  I was doing fine until I got to around 1500.  My lungs started to bug me again.  I'm still not 100% over this cough.  My body feels fine but if I strain my lungs too much, I start to cough and it gets painful.  Sure enough, once I got to 2000 I started a coughing fit.  I took a break and on the next 100 I started to cough again and felt some pain.  Now I'm pissed because I am done.  I am so F-ing sick of this cough and my lungs not being where they need to be.  I don't know why it's taking so long for them to get over whatever the hell they need to get over but I'm done with it.  I know if I push it, it will only make it worse and take longer to recover but I feel like my training is going backwards.  I wasn't even going very hard or really pushing it.
My lungs need to get in gear because this is starting to REALLY piss me off.

2100 total

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that. It took me a week and a half to get over what I had. I am taking it kind of easy this week and hope to be back to my normal yardage next week.

    ReplyDelete