Saturday, March 10, 2012

10Mar12 - Swimming when you're dead

I got "lucky" enough to catch the cold/cough my 1 year old has.  My throat felt a little warm last night and I was lightly coughing.  When I got up this morning it was on fire.  It was one of those pains where every time you cough, you wince from the pain.  My lungs had garbage in them too.  I figured if Lasse Viren could shove tubes down his throat when he had pneumonia so he could keep training for the Olympics in Track and Field in 1972, then I can swim while sick.  I went to the pool and swam despite how I felt.  It wasn't so bad in the beginning but the more yards I did, the slower and worse I got.  I stuck it out anyway and finished with 10k.  I'm glad I did it but it really beat the life out of me.  I felt like I was dead a few times near the end and I'm sure there was more than one occasion where it took me longer than a minute to do a lap.

10,000 today.....now to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment