Thursday, June 12, 2014

12Jun14 - Back to MY reservoir

Picked up Lizbee Lu this morning and we headed up to Pineview.  It was great seeing PV again.  I realized I actually missed it once I got in.  I wanted to do the Goody loop so Liz was game.  We headed to the orange buoy line before the dam.  They must have moved it a bit closer than it was last year.  Round trip last year was 2 miles.  When we got back, it was 1.87.  I just simply can NOT settle for that.  Headed back out and swam a bit more to push over 2 miles.
Liz seemed to be having a good time.  The water was 67 so I was happy.  Still too warm.  Only took me 3 strokes and I was adjusted.  Had a good swim overall.  I did a lot of thinking about my training today while I was swimming.  I have healed enough from the car crash and my chiro has said I'm progressing well in most of my body.  I'm going to crank up my mileage starting next week.  I really want to do Bear Lake and so I better get into doing 20+ miles per week again.  This means longer swims M,W,F and pool workouts T and Th.  I will go for really long swims on Sat.  This is at least the plan.

2 miles OW...This swim put me at 200 miles for the year so far.  23 miles behind pace but I'll make it up soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. It’s always great to hear good results from your chiropractor. This only means that you’re getting closer to achieving a complete recovery. That must be a huge relief. Just continue to rest for now, and don't engage in any heavy activities until you're fully recovered. Stay strong!

    Tyrone Bryant @ McIver CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to sound rude but who are you? How did you find this obscure swim blog I have?

    ReplyDelete