Thursday, March 6, 2014

6Mar14

Turns out I'm going to live!  What has been going on is that it was noticed that my aortic valve is enlarged.  This can be a bad thing if it gets too large or continues to grow.  If it does, it can tear or burst and you bleed to death internally if you don't get opened up and worked on immediately.
I had another CT scan done last week then an echo test.  The question was if my valve was growing and if it was, at what rate.  Fortunately for me I had a CT scan done 6 months ago and the cardiologist said there was pretty much no change.  My next CT scan is in a year and he is comfortable waiting until then to take another measurement.  If it has grown, then we will go from there.  If it has not grown, then I get another year of no worries.  Inevitably, it will grow too large and I will need open heart surgery.  That is unavoidable.  It is just a matter of when.  It could be 2 years or it could be 20.  Soooo, since my heart gave me such a good scare, on my way back to work, I decided to "punish" my heart.  I went to Wendy's and ordered a triple Baconator and a large Frosty.  That should do the trick!
Had a LONG day at work yesterday and it was parent teacher conference...which I can't stand.  Got home wiped out.  It was tough getting up this morning.  I had to revert back to picturing a blank spot on my FLOG calendar to get me to move.

600 swim
400 pull no buoy
4 x 50 pull with buoy at ankles
4 x 50 pull no buoy
4 x 50 pull at ankles
4 x 50 pull no buoy
100 to 500 by 100's.  Evens pull  Odds swim
500 to 100 by 100's.  Descending.  I used snorkel for 400 and 200.  Sprinted the 100
4 x 50 on the :45
500 CD

5500 SCY

Arms were really tired today.  I know I've amped up my yards.  I could feel my muscles complaining the entire swim.  Long swim tomorrow then a really short swim Sat....maybe.  The only reason I would swim Sat is to get to 20 miles even.  It would be neat but not caring about averaging 20 a week yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment