Friday, July 8, 2011

8Jul11

Got up at 0445 this morning and headed to San Francisco with my father in law.  The drive out was nice and there was very little traffic until we got near the coast in CA.  That was to be expected.  Met up with my paddler Suzie Dods at 1730 at the Dolphin Swim Club.  The club is REAL old school and has pictures, trophies, and everything swimming related for over 100 years.  I walked around in awe and even enjoyed the fact that there are people that have been swimming and hanging out there sharing swims and swim stories for over 50 years.  The building just had a feeling to it that can't be described.  I went out to the cove with Suzie and we talked about the swim some.  She paddled next to me and we practiced hand signals and hydration exchanges.  She and I also worked on her placement to me when I'm swimming.  Everything is going to work out well. 
We then went and picked up my swim packet then headed out for Italian dinner.  The food was really good but the portion was not as generous.  I left a little hungry still.  The best part by far was the conversation.  We mainly talked about family and places we have traveled or swam. 
Went over the final directions for the morning and now I'm off to bed.  Haven't decided yet if I'm going to swim at my best effort or take my time to enjoy this once and a lifetime swim.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.
.5 miles swam today.

No comments:

Post a Comment