Monday, July 18, 2011

18Jul11

Very good swim today.  I got up at 0430 and was heading to Pineview at 0500.  I sat there a few minutes waiting until the sun was up enough to at least see the buoys.  I headed out once they were slightly visible and did the buoy route.  After starting the 2nd loop, I noticed Kim was coming up behind me.  I swam back to her and she and I did the 2nd loop together.  She had to go after her first mile so I was solo for another 2 loops.  Coming back in and debating whether to do one more loop or 2, I noticed my friend Lisa getting ready to get in.  I asked her where she was going and she said she was doing the dam route.  Perfect!  This will be almost another 2 miles added on and with a friend.  We swam to the dam then back again.  When I was done, I looked at my GPS and it read 5.76 miles.  I was very happy with this.  Good swim today and I felt very comfortable and strong after getting warmed up for 1.5 miles.  It does annoy me how long it takes me to get warmed up sometime.  Once I get going though, I truly feel like I can hold that pace forever (given that I have food and water with me).
Total today was 5.76 miles AND this puts me at EXACTLY 200 miles of total training since I started keeping track this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment