Thursday, July 14, 2011

14Jul11

Did not get up this morning for a swim.  I decided to join Josh with some of his friends at Bountiful Lake this afternoon.  I got there right when they were getting ready to start.  It was a nice group of about 8 people and we did a casual lap around the lake.  After one lap, I wanted to do another and Josh joined me.  Near the far west end, for about 200 yards, there was a definite "difference' in the water.  I'm 95% sure it was human waste or something waste because the smell and.....well I'm just sure it was!
I cut in short and swam heads up for awhile till the water got better.  Josh and I chatted some more and we finished our 2nd mile together.  It was nice swimming with a friend but I don't think I"m going to swim in that lake ever again.  Maybe for some cold water training in the winter but that is closer to the boat ramp.  Nothing going around the lake will happen again for sure!

Distance = 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment