Monday, June 25, 2012

24Jun12 - Travel Day

Got up nice and early and packed all our luggage and kids into the Escape.  Dropped my girls off with their aunt and Patricia and I headed to the airport.  We flew on SkyBlue.  LOVE this airline.  Even though it was only an hour and 1/2 flight, we all had our own TV headsets with free satelite so I just relaxed and watched the Olympic diving trials and some ESPN the whole way.  Made the flight go by extremely fast.
Got our rental car then checked into the hotel.  We were both pretty hungry so we went walking around to the pier area of Long Beach.  Not bad.  Found some food then wandered around relaxing. 
I'll admit  I did something that I might end up seeing on Tosh.O one day.  We were at a restaurant/grown up video place (like a Dave and Busters) and Patricia was already outside when I finished up and was walking out.  I was convinced that I was heading out the door when I walked straight into a huge glass wall.  THANKFULLY I was adjusting my hat so my elbows got the brunt of it.  It made a huge thunderous sound and pretty much the entire restaurant looked at me and all the serving staff laughed at me.  I just stood there disbelieving how dumb I had just been then laughed myself almost to tears.  My humilty was nice and high that moment.  Only one server asked if I was okay and I think she only did it to be polite.  She was supressing laughing while asking!
I typically do something to make a complete ass out of myself daily but this one was a real good one!
Went back to the hotel and my dad was already here.  We chatted for a bit then I had to ask him to leave so I could get some sleep.  Took a nap then we all headed out for a late dinner then a movie.  Dinner was mediocre at best but we did see MIB 3.  Loved the movie.  Plus it forced me to sit on my butt and do nothing for a few hours so that is a plus.
Hit a grocery store for some chocolate milk and other necessary items for tomorrow then Patricia went to bed.  My goal is staying awake until about 3 or 4 tonight until I can take a short nap.  I'll get a long rest tomorrow while everyone is arriving.
I'm a bit calmer than I was yesterday but the constant feeling of "it" is always in me.
Tomorrow we meet at the boat at 1830.  Josh and Gordon are going to try and have a live GPS tracker on me so people can see where I am during the swim.
I'm also going to leave my FB page up so people can leave messages....LEAVE MESSAGES FOR ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment