Thursday, June 21, 2012

21Jun12

Kim picked me up at 0500 and we met with Gords at Pineview.  We both have been needing some colder water to swim in and Pineview is close enough and cool enough to keep us adjusted.
Water temp was 64.  Felt great.  Air temp was definitely colder.  Kim and I just did one dam route.  I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy and my distances short.
When we got to the dam buoys, Gordon was there and he swam up to chat for a second.  He had a big smile on his face and showed me his extended hand.  "Goody, you have the number of days left until your swim that you can count on your hand".  Without realizing it, I was giving him the "alternate" We're #1 signal.
He laughed then swam off.   Kim and I finished our swim then headed home.
Took another cold shower despite the fact that I was already shivering when I got in.  My streak continues!!!
It has now been nearly one month since I've had a SOLO cold shower.  I've had one hot shower and it was because I was in it with a beautiful woman...can't blame me there!

1.9 miles today OW

No comments:

Post a Comment