Saturday, April 21, 2012

21Apr12

Met up with Kim today and we went to Antelope Island together.  I'm trying to get her to get more accustomed to the GSL and comfortable with swimming in an even more open body of water vs. the Pineview Reservoir.
The water was below 60 but I was fine.  We decided to do 30 out and 30 back then get some drink then repeat. 
Going out was fine, we were going well but my shoulders took awhile to relax.  On the way back the cold started to get to Kim.  She started to swim all over the place and even asked me if we were going in the right direction.  This is the 2nd time in a month that I've seen how cold water can make you lose your sense of direction and basic logic so easily.  She was still swimming well so I told her to just focus on me and nothing else.  She did complain that she kept drinking the water (EWWWW) and she felt like barfing every time we chatted.  I guided her back into the marina and once she saw the boat ramp, she took off like a bat out of hell.  One we were safe, she said she was done.  I got something to drink then hung around with her for a minute.  When I got back in to do a little more, I was cold and started shivering pretty bad.  I'm fine as long as I don't stop I guess.  I turned back and we headed out.  I wanted to do more today but safety first.
I'm comfortable saying we did 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment