Monday, April 16, 2012

16Apr11 - Back to reality

Was in Disneyland most of last week for Spring Break.  Had a wonderful time and I can honestly say I know where pretty much every ice cream stand is in that entire place.  I put on about 6 lbs while I was gone and got zero swimming in.  I was planning on meeting Jen Schumacher on Friday for an ocean swim but it rained pretty good Thursday and Friday morning so all the oil and junk from roads etc washes into the ocean and it's advised to not swim for 72 hours.  Neither of us are silly enough to ignore that.
I did get to the pool this morning and got some swimming done.  I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.  Kim was really tired also so she was okay with something easier.
500 warmup
500 kick
swim ladders by 50 up to 200
pull ladders by 50 back down
500 kick
200 CD
2700 total  nothing spectacular but it was something. 
Back to the grind now and my next vacation is swim camp in May.  It felt good to be back in the pool but I did notice that I had digressed some...and I noticed some of all the ice cream I ate.  WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment