Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8Jun11

Went to Pineveiw Resevoir today!  It was FANTASTIC.  I got there around noon and checked the water temp.  It was steadily dropping but slowly was stopping when it hit 63 degrees.  I know it would have gone a few more but I decided to just have my brain tricked into "knowing" that it's only 63!  Piece of cake!
Got in and swam for an hour straight.  It felt sooooo good to be out there again.  There is definitely a difference between salt water 63 and fresh water 63.  Everyone I know that does open water swimming agrees with this but no one really knows why.  :) 
It took me about 10 minutes for my arms to wake up and get moving then another 10 until I hit a good stride.  I know I did at least 2 miles.  It was pretty windy and a bit choppy when I was going against the current and wind direction.  It moved me up and down quit a bit but I could not stop smiling,  I was having too good of a time.
I may do another short swim out there tomorrow but not sure on account of the weather. 

4 comments:

  1. Must be nice to smile in the water and not get a mouthful of salt or chlorine. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! You need to post some pictures of the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never swim in a pool, always the ocean.Which is colder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ocean will almost always be colder than a lap pool. The only way you might expect the ocean to be warmer is if you swim in the very southern parts of the U.S.

    ReplyDelete