Saturday, June 4, 2011

4Jun11

That's it!, I quit the pool!!!
I went to the pool today to do 10,000.  I got to 30 laps and found that I could CARE LESS about the pool.  The quality of the water is poor and there is something in the water that makes my tongue swell and skin itch.  I had to break through boredom and FORCE myself to get to at least 100 laps.  Other than work, I don't think I'm going to go back to the pool until the lakes are too cold to swim in.  I'm only going to do open water from now on.  I find NO joy in the pool anymore and never get bored or have any real mental blocks when I'm in open water.  I just feel so much more at ease and I'm pretty sure I swim a bit faster too.  I am going to taper down some this week so I may be forced to swim a couple thousand in the pool but I'm going to do everything in my power to hit the lakes instead this next week.  I just get so ****ing bored in the pool lately that I just can't get over it. 
5000 yards today but I know I could have easily doubled it physically but I know I would have been praying for an aneurysm for the next 5000 yards.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Swimming in the pool just gets to be mind numbing after a while. Hopefully we are finally past the cold weather...

    ReplyDelete