Friday, June 3, 2011

3Jun11

Got up early and packed the kayak.  Alicia met me at 0800 and we drove to the Great Salt Lake Marina.  I was excited to get a nice swim in.  When we got there, I unloaded everything THEN checked the temperature....not smart.  It was 54.9 degrees.  My thermal threshold is 59 max.  I went to the other side and it was 56!  Woo-hoo.  Packed up all my stuff and drove back home.  Went to the gym with Alicia and we did some yards in the pool instead.  Was NOT happy that the lake was almost 10 degrees colder at the ramp as opposed to Monday when I swam.
1500 warmup
2 x 500 build ups
100 IM for a laugh
4 x 100 with wall pull ups x10 between each 100 and no rest.
500 CD
3500 total.  Not as much as I wanted but I had clients in 2 hours and really didn't feel like spending the ENTIRE day in the pool there.  If the lake is not close to 60 by next Saturday, I may be screwed!  :(

1 comment:

  1. The good news is that there are a lot of warm days leading up to Saturday. Hopefully it will be a little warmer for you.

    I've been going in the evenings and the water has been right around 60 degrees.

    ReplyDelete