Monday, June 6, 2011

6Jun11

Pampering day for me today!  I got to "sleep in" today until 0700 on the couch.  Eva is sick and was very hot and crancky last night so I let her sleep in the room with mommy.  I spent most of the morning holding her as she fussed then I left at 0845 to get a pedicure....yes a PEDICURE!  My feet are kinda rough on the bottom and my wife said to go for it.  I just sat there reading trying not to laugh as she tickled my feet!  It was a tough decision, but in the end, I decided not to get polish!
After that, I drove to Logan where my sister in law in a licensed massage therapist.  I got an hour and a half massage.  She is fantastic!!!  My whole body feels better and she worked some good knots out of me.  My feet she spent some time on too and I almost cried from pain a few times from her working my tendons that have been giving me trouble.  It was "tough love" for my feet but they needed it.
On the way home, I stopped by my favorite lake to do swims in and the water read 63 degrees.  Considering the state of mind I was in Saturday, this is fantastic news.  I plan on going to the lake tomorrow for at least an hour with my new SSD.

The book I mentioned earlier, Swimming to Antarctica by Lynne Cox has gotten me thinking about some goals to set for myself.  I have some ideas in mind but it will take some time and planning...but the juices are flowing.  I need a new goal and this book has make me realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment