Tuesday, April 26, 2011

26Apr11

I had to find the silver lining today.

I did a 1000 warmup then just did 200 swim and 50 breast repeats over and over till I hit 5000 yards.  My total was 5k.  I felt TERRIBLE today.  I had no energy and at times I felt like my arms were filled with sand.  I really have no idea why I felt like this.  Was it lack of sleep from past 2 nights, bad diet, taking Monday off, etc???  What was it?? 
Well I just kept making myself "go through the motions" of swimming as I pathetically moved towards 100 laps.  The ONLY positive thing I could get out of today is that despite how miserable and slow I was, I kept making myself keep going and so if I'm ever feeling REALLY worn out on a long swim in open water, at least I can use this as "experience" that I can keep moving on despite how I feel.
If I feel like this again tomorrow, I might be in some trouble!

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience this morning. I felt fine physically, I just wasn't into it mentally. I felt like leaving after my warm-up but made myself to 5K. I think these are valuable experiences, but sometimes it's hard to see it that way when you are grinding out yards.

    We're swimming at GSL on Thursday @ 4:20pm if you want to come. Should be a pretty good group. Water will be cold though...about 50 degrees.

    ReplyDelete