Thursday, April 14, 2011

14Apr11

My shoulders were NOT happy with me this morning.  If they could talk they would have said things to me they would have to repent for later!
I did get to try my new toy.  I got the electronic finger counter because I'm tired of using my water bottles and keeping track in my head.  I'd rather think about my stroke, sing songs, or day-dream about butterflies.....or ZOMBIES!
Anyhow  500 for warmup
Taking the idea from Gords, I mixed in some back. 
500 back mixing in breast randomly.
500 swim
150 CD
1650 total.  HA.  What a joke for distance but I got to pool late and didn't want to push it too much and cause injury from overworking muscles.  When I got out I felt like I had not done anything at all.  I remember when I used to think swimming a mile was "long distance".  Now it's literally laughable to me.  I like that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, don't get down on yourself for doing a mile. It's WAY better than skipping it altogether. You never mentioned what you thought of the counter. Did it work OK? What's your review?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the sportcount Counter Model 90040 (silver). The most basic one that only counts laps and nothing else. Others can do split times etc but I just wanted lap #'s. I wear it on my wedding ring finger so I don't notice it much. I have it facing my palm so I can see the # easy during a turn by only turning my wrist inward slightly and my thumb can reach the button without trying. It's comfortable and nice to not think about "What lap am I on???"
    Works great. 4 stars

    ReplyDelete