Friday, May 24, 2013

24May13 - Accountability

Really unhappy when the alarm went off this morning.  I was at the Bee's baseball game last night so I did not get home until past 2200 and did not fall asleep until around 2300.  Alarm was set for 0400.  Long day and I only get 5 hours sleep!  The ONLY reason I didn't say "screw it" and go back to bed was because I had given my word to Sue that I would meet her at Kearns pools this morning at 0500.
Sue and I are acquaintances right now more than friends.  I'm sure this will greatly improve over time but reality is that we barely know each other.  This does not matter, I gave my word to someone that I would do something so I'm going to do it.  This was one of those instances where personal character comes into play.  All in all, it would not have been a big deal if I did not show up.  She would have just trained anyway but this much is true, you are more willing to train harder and show up if you know someone is counting on you to be there.
It was great swimming with her and I ended up having a lot of fun.  She's going to be a good training partner this winter.
5 x 100 WU
4 x 150 pull (this was really tough toward the end)
4 x 100 K
10 x 50 intervals.  I was trying to get set times but I got tired and needed to increase my rest.  Kept pace with Sue on last one...which was HARD!
4 x 50 IM order with short rest on wall
2 x 100 IM ( changed stroke midway)
1 x 100 NS (Hit :50 then :48.  I was trying for :45 on 2nd 50 and was in almost a dead sprint last 25 but just tanked!)
100 easy
1 x 100 NS
3 x 100 CD

3000 LCM total

I was officially COOKED when I got out!  My biggest handicap right now ( among ALL of them) are my lungs.  My lungs are very small and are taking their sweet time opening up.  I need to do some hyphoxic training but I know for sure I'm not ready for that just yet.  I can feel myself improving but I still get a bit down on myself for how slow I am and how little I can do.

1 comment: