Friday, July 20, 2012

20Jul12 - MILESTONE!!!

Aparently I don't really understand the concept of "vacation".  I woke up this morning at 0430 and was at the local YMCA when they opened at 0500.  They have an indoor pool and it was very nice.  Clear water and 82 degrees.  A bit hot for me but I'll live.  I decided to do the workout Matt Garish posted last week.  When I was swimming, I noticed that my stroke count was a few numbers higher than usual.  I kept checking and elongating my stroke but I could never get it to what it normally is.  I finally stopped and asked the lifeguard if it was a meter pool.  It WAS!  Woo-hoo.  So now my workout will give me a little extra when I'm done for distance.
1x800
2 x 700
3 x 600
4 x 500
5 x 400
6 x 300
7 x 200
8 x 100
12,000 meters total.  This is just shy of 7.5 miles. 
This was my first long swim since Catalina.  I've mainly been doing 1-2 miles at a time.  I need to get my butt back in gear and swim like I mean it again.  My arms were sore as anything and I had to get out halfway through to find a vending machine to get some food.  I was starving!
I did some PR for the Great Salt Lake with the woman in the lane next to me.
A pretty big milestone was hit today that I'm actually really proud of.  During todays workout, I hit and went over 1 MILLION yards since I started keeping track last year in USMS FLOG.  This is really cool to me and it put a huge smile on my face and a good sense of pride when I looked at my totals after my entry today.
HOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment