Wednesday, March 27, 2013

27Mar13

Was at the pool around 0500.  I had a rough sleep last night.  I kept waking up every few hours to drink a large glass of water.  Was still thirsty when I woke up and tired.  Got in and did some easy 50's then some easy 100's.  Annie came in soon after and wanted me to make up a workout for her.  Did another 100 and came up with something for her to do.  We did some 50's of kicking together and chatted some.
One thing I was having her do was some IM's so I figured I would try a 100 IM just to see what happens.  I went nice and easy and did fine.  I was really tired at the end but swam it better than expected.  Swam a bit more mainly doing 100's.  Time ran out and I was too tired to try for more anyhow.

1200 yards today.

Forgot to mention Monday that there has been a woman that swims at the pool really early that I see often.  Her name is Jackie (I hope that's spelled right) and she's training for a 1/2 Ironman in a few months.  I'm trying to convince her to come swim with us in the GSL and even try the 1 mile event.  She's very friendly and seems like an easy person to get along with.  Annie and I hope she joins us so she can enjoy the greatness that is open water swimming.  (yes, I'm biased!)

No comments:

Post a Comment