Monday, August 8, 2011

8Aug11

Met with Kim this morning at 0600 and we were off to Pineview.  I wanted to do 3 miles but for some reason, we got in around 0640.  Kim had to be at work at 9 so 3 miles was unlikely.  I felt slow and sluggish the 1st mile and we chatted a bit longer than necessary at the turnaround.  We were doing about a 32 min mile pace and we chatted a bit more after the first loop.  I got warmed up after about 1 and 1/4 miles and started to pick my pace up a bit.  After the turnaround, I got into a really good groove and started swimming a lot faster.  I did not feel like I was pulling any harder but my stroke just felt amazing for awhile.  I know I was doing a sub 30 min mile easy.  My Walkameter thing I have on my phone says my average pace was 37 min mile but that was including stops for drinks and longer than needed chats at turnarounds!  One the way back in, there was a group of rubbers that were heading out and one of them had the funniest thing I've ever seen on a swimmer.  He had a gigantic inflatable shark mounted on his back.  This thing was bright blue and was the same size as him.  I have no idea why he put this thing on his back considering he was wearing a wetsuit but it took Kim and I over a full minute to stop laughing at him.
We only got 2.11 miles in this morning but I'm feeling a TON better than how I did Saturday so that made me feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment