Wednesday, June 29, 2016

29Jun16

Met Lisa again but this time it was 0600.  Josh was also there.  Have not seen him or swam with him in a long time.  It was good to see him.  We all headed out and did the same T route as Monday but went farther on the 2nd part of the T section.  I am full blown sick right now so even with my asthma meds, I'm about 50% lung capacity.  Every time I would pick up the pace, my lungs would shut down.  As I was coming in, I saw Gords van by the ramp.  He is training Chad for Catalina.
We all got out and stood around talking for a few minutes.  It has been awhile since we have all been together in a lake talking about swimming and poking fun of each other.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.
Felt good to be in the water again and I'm SLOWLY gaining the motivation to be swimming more often.

2067 yards = 1.17 miles OW

1 comment:

  1. Goody,
    Please call or email me; my name is Dave Van Mouwerik, and I am compiling an authoritative list of all length-of-tahoe swimmers (traditional, unassisted only---no wetsuits). I saw that your swim was in MSF swims database, and I had not seen your name before. I currently have 48 possible swims that have been performed, and of those, I still need to confirm 15 of them. Please reach me at:
    Dave Van Mouwerik
    805-550-7271
    davevm@att.net
    You can see this thread at Marathon Swimmers Foundation Forum:
    "Tahoe Swimming History"
    Don't use my "dvanmou1@gmail.com" account; use davevm@att.net.
    Thanks,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete