Saturday, August 1, 2015

31Jul15

Last training swim before Tahoe.  There was a full moon, actually blue moon tonight and perfectly clear skies.  Josh suggested we get people together for a night swim starting at 2200.  Great idea.
I arrived early so I could swim as the sun went down.  It was magnificent seeing the sunlight fade and the moon rise.  Big and beautiful and BRIGHT!
I finished the first mile and headed in.  There was a pretty good crowd at the boat ramp.  A lot of people came out to take advantage of this opportunity.  It was great seeing so many people.  We even had Josh on a SUP and Chad's son in a kayak for support.  Everyone had a chemlight and we took some pics.  I gave a quick safety briefing and off we went.  It was really fun and I was able to see people I have not seen in a long time.
I put little effort in my stroke for the 2nd mile.  I was mainly focused on watching everyone else to make sure no one wandered off or needed help.
On the way back, I noticed someone swimming off course and angling toward land.  I caught up to the person and redirected them.  I then realized they were the last swimmer so I slowed down and used myself as a guide for them to sight on all the way to the finish.
It was a huge success and everyone seemed to have a great time.  I sure did!

2 miles OW

No comments:

Post a Comment