Saturday, September 2, 2017

2Sep17

Up at 0420 and drove to JN.  I have not been in the lake for awhile and feared the water temp was dropping rapidly.  I also know the air temp is colder in the early mornings.
I arrived soon after 0500 and took a an air temp reading.  48...brrrr.  Went to check the water and it was 69.  Wow, much warmer than expected.
I got in and I felt great.  I barely even felt any sort of chill.  I headed to the dam and stopped around 2k yards.  I took a feed then headed back.  I hit the green buoy with just over 4k yards.  I had a little drink left so I finished it.
When I was heading out, I just wanted to mentally be tough enough to enter and swim in the "cold".  That was done so my goal for the swim was already met.  After taking my last drink, I felt a genuine desire to swim more.  I headed out and did another 1k yards.   I finished just under 3 miles.  I felt great.  I had to force myself out.
My body felt full of energy and mentally I had a strong desire to swim for so many more miles.  This is a good sign!
Rest for 2 days then a swim on Monday with Lisa.  I thought we were done for the season but we are making time for one more.  I am eager to swim with my friend again.  3 miles is a joke for me and she is a major reason why.

2.9 miles OW

No comments:

Post a Comment