Thursday, March 31, 2011

31Mar11

WU 4 x 100
4 x 100 kick last 25
4 x 100 hard effort (hit 1:15, 1:14, 1:15, 1:10)
8 x 50 IM order (actually hit :40 and :42 for my 50 flys...bit surprised by this)
4 x 100 Long slow pulls focusing on follow through
2 x 400 free
CD 4 x 50

3000 total today.  Nothing too bad.  I'm at the point now where I think about swimming as soon as I get up and am eager to get my workout done.  I also notice that it takes me awhile to warm up which is a good sign.  When I'm out of shape, it takes me a short time to be ready for main set.  Now I do around 500-1000 to get me warmed up before I start pushing myself in sets or do anything serious.

Looking forward to the lake this afternoon!!!

The lake this afternoon had risen to a very pleasant 58 degrees.  That is pretty much hot tub temp compared to the last month.  I decided that I would stick with my original plan and only swim from the east dock until I was man enough to get my face in the water.  I was about halfway back when I finally was able to control my breathing and I put my face in the water and forced myself to stay there for 10 strokes.  It payed off!!!  I got to the boat ramp and my face felt fine.  I actually felt GREAT and decided to head out for more.  I swam out to the island and halfway round it to fine Gords and Josh,  No luck on that but I did swim back to the middle and straight in to the ramp.  I probably ended up with about 1/2 mile total today.  I could care less about the distance and am mainly happy that I was able to actually SWIM with my FACE IN THE WATER!!!  LOL  Sad when THAT is your victory.  If water is anywhere near that temp from now on, I will no longer swim from any docks and only from the boat ramp.  I want to do some miles in open water and not just laps over and over in the pool.

1 comment: