Friday, January 4, 2019

1Jan19 - I'm back baby!

My year hiatus from swimming is over.  I did the mini UTC last year and only swam 3 times for exactly 1 mile each and that's it.
I discovered a new sport I thoroughly enjoy and don't plan on stopping even though I plan on making swimming my main sports love again.  Sorry rock climbing, but my main squeeze is calling, :)
Got up and went to the Kearns pool for the annual New Years Day swim.  The swim that coach Becky had planned was 119 x 50......no thx!  I'm not in shape for that.
I visited with my swim buddy Sue at the front desk some then headed to the pool.  Forgot how much I love the smell of chlorine.
Chatted with Becky some and several others who were genuinely glad to see me again.  It was good to be back.
I just wanted to get in and not do anything crazy for my first day back.  I got in the slow-poke lane which was set on a 1:05 timer.  LOL  Nice and easy.

10 x 50 free
10 x 50 back down free return then breast down free return
5 x 50 kick
5 x 50 free did some "harder" pulling on a few of them but nothing crazy.


Easy mile done


I'm glad to be back and my only real goal for January is to get in the habit of getting up early a few times a week to actually go swimming.  We'll see how it goes.

Saw this sign and it made me laugh.  We do SO much hypoxic work while swimming that this sign is a joke.
1500 SCY total

No comments:

Post a Comment