Friday, August 22, 2014

22Aug14 - GSL

Met with Josh and Lisa this morning at GSL.  I have not been there for several months so I was eager to go.
It was just the three of us and we decided to do a Gridley Straight.  It has been a LONG time since I've done one of those.  Felt good and decided to start fast and stay at a fast pace.  I focused on quick turnover more than perfect technique.  Surprisingly, I was able to stay about 20 yards behind Lisa.  She normally drops me fast.  Josh was CRUISING and was too far ahead to even bother trying to keep up with.  After about 3/4 of the first mile, I tired out and started to drop back slowly.  Finished the first mile to see those 2 like this...
Josh "napping"

Lisa "napping"
I saw Josh holding his camera at one point so I decided to look good.  If you dive deep on the recovery part of a butterfly stroke, the GLS really pushes you back up.  He got an amazing shot of my stroke.  You can tell by how far out of the water my chest is, how much extra lift the GSL gives you.
  
Now if I could only look this good for a mile straight!
Swam back then we were able to stop by a buoy that marked a sunken ship that belonged to Brigham Young.  Water was not clear so we could only feel.  Josh did a few dives down and his legs looked really silly.
Ended up with about 2 miles today.  Flies were plenty at the marina but out in the open, the lake was as beautiful as I remember when I think of her.
Another shot I took.  Sunrise swims are magical.  Who in their right mind would choose a pool in the afternoon over THIS???
Dammit, I am handsome!

2.1 miles OW

No comments:

Post a Comment